I’ve release a new and improved version of this app! So stop reading this old article and check out it out, Google Analytics Joomla plugin v.2.0
It has long been rumored that Google was going to start ranking pages based on page load time. Think about it, if your page takes longer to load then visitors won’t get to see as many pages. Less pages mean that Google doesn’t get to serve as many advertisements to those visitors and they end up making less revenue.
I put together a new Joomla 1.5 plugin so that you can easily add the new tracking code to your Joomla powered site.
Installation is easy:
- Download the plg_FCGanalytics1.0.0.zip I’ve release a new and improved version of this app! So stop reading this old article and check out it out, Google Analytics Joomla plugin v.2.0
- From the Joomla administrator console go to Extensions/ Install
- Under “Upload Package File” click “choose file” and browse to the file you just downloaded. Once you select it, click “Upload File & Install“
- Once you see the “Success” message, go to Extensions/ plugin manager and click on the plugin named “FreshClicks Google Async Analytics”
- Under the plugin paramaters add your Google Analytics UA Code (the code should look something like UA-123456-1), under Enabled choose “Yes” and then click “Save”
That’s it- You new site should now start reaping the benefits of Asynchronous Tracking!
If you find this code useful or have any questions, please comment below and make sure to vote for this plugin on Joomla!